LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read unicaode symbols from word in labview

Hi everyone,

I am trying to read the bookmarked date from MS word file. But symbols like < and ohm symbol are not read properly by labview. these are displayed as ? in the labview string fields. 

I have attached teh code and a sample doc. Kindly look into it.

When I browsed through forums, I am suspecting that it is ascii and unicode encodingh issue. 

Kindly reply. 

Thanks in advance for all the replies.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,057 Views)

1. Go give this idea a kudo: Support Unicode

2. See this article: LabVIEW Unicode Programming Tools

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,041 Views)

This is NOT a unicode problem.  It is a problem with the font you are using.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,968 Views)

@billko wrote:

Bill,

Can you please explain what you mean?  When I looked at the Word Document, it seemed to show an Ohm Sign, Unicode 2126, and Less-than-or-equal-to, Unicode 2264.  When you refer to "the font", is that the Font property of the Indicator being used?  Should that be set in some special way?  Does one have to "worry" about specifying the Encoding Scheme?  Should one read U16 and do manipulations?

Needless to say, I'm very happy that I've not (yet) had to deal with this directly!  Your graphic expertise would be welcomed (by me, at any rate).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,911 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

@billko wrote:

Bill,

Can you please explain what you mean?  When I looked at the Word Document, it seemed to show an Ohm Sign, Unicode 2126, and Less-than-or-equal-to, Unicode 2264.  When you refer to "the font", is that the Font property of the Indicator being used?  Should that be set in some special way?  Does one have to "worry" about specifying the Encoding Scheme?  Should one read U16 and do manipulations?

Needless to say, I'm very happy that I've not (yet) had to deal with this directly!  Your graphic expertise would be welcomed (by me, at any rate).

Bob Schor

Well Bob, I'll explain it like this:

I can't explain it.  I was thinking about how I used to solve that in the old days, by choosing a font that was able to display those characters, but when you made me think more closely about it... I realized it was a Unicode font that I was switching to.  So in other words, you are correct, and I am not.  That's how I explain it.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,868 Views)