From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read pixel from text file

Hi, is it possible to retrieve an image just by reading some parameters or its pixel from a text file? If yes, could anyone give me some ideas on how to do that? How do you also retrieve a specific line or value from a text file?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,565 Views)

You are confusing two different concepts here.

Pixels have nothing to do with text files.

Pixels imply images which are some sort of binary file.

Text files have characters.  There is a Read Text File function on the File I/O palette.  You can right click on that to change the settings to be able to read bytes or read lines.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,563 Views)

For examle if I want to read line 13 of my text file, I right click on Read Text File and click on Read Lines but what must by count be so that it reads line 13 of my text file?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,560 Views)

Hi Fred,

it seems you started a new thread for that very same topic - again...

Why can't you keep things in one place? Why do we have to hop between several threads of yours to get all relevant information?

"if I want to read line 13 of my text file"

Same question as in the other thread: Where do you start to count? 0 or 1?

Have you tried to wire a "13" to the ReadLine function?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,552 Views)

Hi guys, please refer to http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/get-data-from-text-file/m-p/1690946 for more details of this topic.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,526 Views)