cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read file to multiple plots and timestamp to x-asis

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I know that there are a milion different topics about this, but I can't seem to get it to work with the ones that I've been looking at. 

I save data in a file. After that, I want to read the file in a different place and plot it in a graph. 

As you can see in the file "values", the 1st row is names and the collumns are the values that belong to them. (there are many more, about 120 columns)

• I've taken the first row, used a property node and used it to add the names to the correct plots.
  • I can get all the values in the graph correct.
  • What I can't seem to figure out though, is how to take the first column (originally a timestamp, now a string) and use it to make a correct x-axis. 

So, the problem is theoretically very easy, but I just can't get it to work! Can anybody help me? 

I have LabVIEW 2017, 32-bit.

Best regards,

elicom

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,779 Views)

parse time from stringparse time from string

Message 2 of 7
(2,760 Views)

Thank you so much! That solution is much simpler than mine! 

Do you think you can help me with the end too? The timestamp and the Y-values in a graph.

I've been trying with a waveform graph and a "build waveform", but can't get it to work since the Y only wants 1D arrays. I also tried with an XY graph, but couldn't get it to work eather.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,735 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author elicom

FP.PNGread-draw.png

Message 4 of 7
(2,730 Views)

Again, Thank you!!

I think however that there might be a difference between 2016 and 2017 LabView. I did exactly as you did, but I get a broken wire. In my "Cluster loop", the time stamp still has the timeglas and yours doesn't have that. Do you know why?read data.PNG

Best regards,

elicom

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,707 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author elicom

You should enable auto indexing at point 1 and leave it disabled at point 2

noname.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,701 Views)

Thank you!

I saw that literally 2 mins before your post! 🙂 Thanks a million!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,696 Views)