LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read data of sartorius scales with RS232 interface

Dear forum users,

I apologize for my late reply. But I had some electronic problems with my scale which took some time to solve.

After fixing the hardware problem, I can tell you the good news: The scale works fine again and my program (ScalesLV2013_4.vi) works too (if I use P instead of p for the print command and if I use None for the flow control)!

Thank you very much for your help and suggestions!

Message 21 of 26
(2,991 Views)

Hello, 

Could you please tell me what was your hardware problem? I am experiencing the same I guess.

Thanks in advance for your help

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(2,473 Views)

Hello
I have the same problem that you had with timeout,for the same scale
can you detail me your approach, seeing that I saw your program ScalesLV2013_4.vi.
thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(1,773 Views)

Hi!
Please find attached my code (for LV2016, tell me if you need it for a lower version).
I hope it will work.
Perhaps you have to play a bit with the wait time (20 ms work well for me).
It could also be that your RS232 adapter causes problems. I had this once in a similar case. Since then I use adapter of ATEN which works very well.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(1,755 Views)

thank you for your reply
I have just done some tests, the balance is receiving but it does not answer. in addition for the numbers of octats are always 0, so I think there is a problem with the cable because I use a 25 poles adapter, or with Tiemout, I did not like this type of scale, now I work with Meltter Toledo is much simpler or KERN.
thank you again.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 26
(1,745 Views)

Thank you for the update.

My Sartorius scales is also very old so that in meantime I also use a scales of KERN 😉 So I agree, it is really easier if one uses not too old devices. I am glad to hear that you also found a modern replacement.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 26
(1,743 Views)