From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read data from serial port terminal window

Hi Everyone,

Is there any way to read data from serial port terminal window. This terminal window having lines and lines of value..Is it possible to read all the line and put in to text file or some....Please help me if you guys know the solution. Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards

Saamy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,630 Views)

You should be able to read directly from the serial port itself.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,619 Views)

Indeed. Have you looked at the serial port examples that ship with LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,615 Views)

Hi Nyc & smercurio_fc,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I know we can read directly from the serial port itself. But waht i want is is there any way to read terminal window(serial port) values...because am using one s/w which execute and display the results in terminal window...so I want get those values from the terminal window...u got what am saying?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,593 Views)

There is no built-in mechanism in LabVIEW to do this. You can look to see if it can be done with operating system calls. I had previously posted an example on how to do it with the command window. I have no idea if it will work with your terminal window.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,576 Views)