LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read back sheet names in excel workbook

Solved!
Go to solution

The Error case is empty ("The Error Wire Runs Through It").  It stops the loop (since by LabVIEW 2012, you could use an Error Line as a "boolean" without having to split out the Status part of the Cluster).  I think the Conditional Tunnel came out maybe in 2013, but you can "build an array" the old-fashioned way with a Case that either passes the Array Line though untouched (the False case) or does a "Build Array" to add an element to the (growing) Array, which must be carried across the Loop in a Shift Register, being initialized (before entering the Loop) as an empty Array.  [I hope that is clear -- if not, review "building an array using Build Array" in, say, a While Loop].

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(709 Views)

Ah, yes, sometime in the early Twenty-teens, the Conditional Tunnel was introduced, saving us from building Arrays by using a Shift Register to accumulate the Array and using a Case Statement to optionally "Build Array" with the Array-so-far-on-the-Shift-Register on top, and the New Element on the bottom, the False case just passing the Array-so-Far through without adding anything.

I do say what happens in the False case -- "wires a blank to the name, and a False to the Conditional Index terminal".  As I said in the previous paragraph, the "False to the Conditional Index Terminal" means you do not add anything to the (growing) Array on the Shift Register.  Note that you then exit the While Loop, as the Error Line is wired to the Stop indicator.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(527 Views)