LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read and Write PWM signal using a USB-6210

Hi All, 

I have a USB-6210 card which I would like to use for a PWM application and use one counter to write a PWM signal and the second counter to read a separate PWM signal. To test this I tried to to wire the output PWM signal to the and read it using the second counter. I have connected PFI4 (Pin6 - ctr0 out) to PFI3 (Pin4 - ctr1 in) but can't read the frequency or duty cycle, only managed to read number of counts. Any idea on how to correctly setup my DAQmx to read the frequency and duty cycle of the PWM out signal? Using LV2012. 

Cheers! 
David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,000 Views)

Hi David,

The default PFI lines for the two counters in a USB 6210 overlap as explained in this article http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/45E936F57132054D8625765E00577EB4 . You would therefore not be able to use both the counters on this hardware simultaneously.

Can you please upload your VI so that we get a better idea about what is going on in the code?

Thanks and Regards,

Thanks and Regards,
Supreeth.K

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,893 Views)

Hi, 

I am trying to setup a PWM using the DAQ assistant to control a servo motor but the assistant does not let me set it up as a continuous sample. It gives me error 200077. How did you set up your output PWM using the USB-6210?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,960 Views)