Solved!
Go to solution

VISA Write Issue

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(2,391 Views)

@Tusharvp4 wrote:

VISA Write Issue

And what is your issue other than it doesn't look like you followed any of our advice from another one of your threads.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(2,356 Views)

Stopping response due to of conversation of write Message...It Takes too much time...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(2,348 Views)

Don't attach .rar files.  Why should someone be forced to download a 3rd party application to open them up when Windows  can handle .zip files natively?

Message 4 of 14
(2,311 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(2,271 Views)

Thanks for attaching a zip file we can open.

So now, what is the "stopping response issue".

Please explain what the problem is that you are having.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(2,236 Views)

I am creating serial based auto calibration tool..

I have 4 U8 Bytes (hexadecimal) to make changes in compensating values... Suppose my standard value of parameter (V1) is 300.00 and DUC value is lesser or greater than standard value...then Labview will make correction and update new write message at VISA write.. 

Here..8140 0000...Byte1 81 is particular byte of particular parameter...So I need to change 813A 0000 to 8144 0000 between of them, There will be value which be made DUC value to equal to standard (within some tolerance)...

Once I change write message on VISA write, Then Instrument takes 2.0 second to update new value on VISA read..

Here..I have written code accordingly it..But sometimes it skips to update new value on VISA read..May be it's creating improper coordination between VISA read and VISA write...It creates stooping proper response between them..

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(2,214 Views)

I'm suspicious of something.

You are sending a command of 4 raw bytes which makes me believe the serial protocol is binary, as opposed to human readable ASCII text.  The fact the Serial Configure has the termination character disabled tends to support that theory.

But you have a property node that is set to send the termination character on every write.  So you are actually sending the 4 bytes plus a line feed character.  That seems contradictory to not looking for a termination character when doing the VISA Read.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(2,147 Views)

Yes..My serial protocol is binary..

But you have a property node that is set to send the termination character on every write.  So you are actually sending the 4 bytes plus a line feed character.  That seems contradictory to not looking for a termination character when doing the VISA Read.

How can I can solve contradiction of a terminal character at VISA READ...??

I went to many thread , but I was enable to find solution...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(2,103 Views)

At this point we really need to see the documentation on the serial protocol.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(2,080 Views)