LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read Setup data from Keysight Technologies DSO5054A

I am reading setup data from a scope through VISA handle in IEEE488.2 format with the command ":SYSTEM:SETUP?"
Can anyone suggest how to convert IEEE488.2 format block data to readable form and vice versa

I must Read, Edit and write back to scope.

Thanks and Regards

Devender

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,195 Views)

Hi Devender,

I guess the answer is given in the manual of your scope?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,185 Views)

I am not able to find the required info in user manual/programmer manual. it only says the data format is IEEE488.2.

Thanks and Regards

Devender

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,174 Views)

Hi Devender,

it only says the data format is IEEE488.2.

No, you need to read that manual more careful!

It says "The format for the data transmission is the # format defined in the IEEE 488.2 specification."

And there is a description in the example code for the "System : Setup" command: "#800002204<setup string><NL>". This is all what you will get…

You might start to reengineer that string by changing just one parameter and read a new setup string, followed by determining the difference to a previously read string. I guess it is much easier to set the parameters by their dedicated commands than by editing "closed source" setup strings…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,171 Views)

I would assume its some binary format and not easily changed unless you spend a lot of time reverse engineering as GerdW mentioned.  Why not simply save a setup on the instrument, change the instrument paramaters programtically and then save a new setup?  What is your goal?  Do you want to have several measurement setups on the scope you can change between?  Then just save a setup file for each, then recall them at will in your code.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,155 Views)