LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read PDF file and copy picture from it and paste to PPT using activex

Hello,

I have  been trying to open a .pdf file then read a google map that is in it. The pdf has many maps with an ID associated with it. I would like to scan for the ID and if it's a match, I would want to copy the map from the pdf and paste in a ppt slide.

My problem is I tried using labview activex and even opening the file isn't working. I used many examples found on here to open the file they don't seem to work. my load file either return false or I get a class error and so on.

can anyone help me achieve what I am trying to do.  I am using LV2014 and I have adobe reader 11.0

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,148 Views)

Post your code and somebody will help to take it from there.

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,099 Views)

My mistake. 

I could not get far. My file load always return false or return a null error. I set up the skeleton for what I envision to do. See below

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,094 Views)

I have no problem with acrobat reader DC and LV2013 or LV2014.  I think maybe your problem came from acrobat reader 11.0.07:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Acrobat-Reader-11-0-07-update-causes-LabVIEW-application-to/m-p/2919...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,089 Views)

Thanks I am trying to download 11.0.06 and see if it works...but does adobe pdf activex have a copy and paste method?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,076 Views)

Not to my knowledge...

ActiveX.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,070 Views)

Hmm..another road block..

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,063 Views)

Any update in your code?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,026 Views)

Nope I didn't get anywhere with it. 

I realize I may have to downgrade to adobe 11.0.06 which i have to go through a lot of loophole and justification with IT. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,015 Views)

I finally decided to Downgrade to Adobe DC reader and I still get the error 97 Unknown system.

Update: I fixed the error 97 by using automation open. but the loadfile still return false

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,750 Views)