cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read Multiple image tiff file with vision

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello labJunky,

Yes that is correct. IMAQ Vision only reads in one image and multi-image files in video AVI.

Andy Chang
National Instruments
LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(3,001 Views)

Take a look at this thread.  You'll need to download the libtiff DLL here.  I managed to get it working in about5 minutes, and could load a multi-page tiff into an array, and then split it into multiple Images.

Cheers ~ Greg

Message 12 of 18
(2,948 Views)

Hi GregS, thank you very much for your post! The library is exactly what I am looking for!

Thanks,

Paul. 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(2,937 Views)

Hi labJunky,

i am also working one labview program to control ad Andor Clara camera.

i did not see any example on how to save tiff image from Andor's sample code.

may i know how to do you manage to save multi-tiff image into one?

I am working in the kinetic mode, and so far i can use "getdata" and "save raw", and indeed get some data.

however, i am not sure how to organize them into pictures...

in addition, it seems the "saveAsTiff" requires some users inputs...how do you deal with those things?

thanks a lot...

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(2,812 Views)

I use SaveAsTiffEx.vi to save the images from my Andor Ikon camera, when using all modes apart from free running mode (which the camera takes pictures continuously). This vi saves out individual tiff images even when using a kinetic series. I use this vi after the acquisition is complete. 

The inputs for this vi are:

1) path (where you want to save the image)

2) The palete I use ...Program Files\ Andor iKon\GREY.Pal

3) The Position of the image in the camera buffer. (This starts from 1, which is the first image in the buffer.) 

4) Type of image (0=8bit, 1=16bit, 2=color), I use 16 bit.

5) mode or image scaling. I use 1 so that the images are not scaled. 

(For a kinetic series, you would run this vi in a loop, changing the position parameter from 1 to n, for n images. Where n runs to the maximum buffer size, I think mine is 25, more images than that and you will overwrite the oldest images.) 

For mode 5, continuous acquisition, I use GetOldestImage.vi and manipulate the array, and then save it as a tiff using the vision toolkit. I have made a clip of my code. Its a little bit of a mess, but it works.

I hope this is helpful.

paul

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(2,796 Views)

Hi paul,

thanks so much for the help.

it helps a  lot....

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(2,739 Views)

here is simple but useful tutorial that you can take a look. it presents us how to read multi-page tiff files vb.net  and how to split and merge images. you might find it is useful. hope i can help you on this.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(1,592 Views)

Yup indeed, it helps a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(1,557 Views)