LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read H.264 (.mp4) into labview. Anyone?

Hi all... So i am really tired of uncompresssing .mp4 videos with third part tools so that i can read them in using ni visions avi functions.  Has anyone figured out a way to read mp4 files in directly to labview?  I saw this DirectShow .NET LabVIEW SDK and thought it might work, but have not started playing with it yet.  Anyone have any solutions?  Thanks so much,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,916 Views)

Hello Dave, 

Unfortunately there is no current way of reading in other formats such as mp4 files directly into LabVIEW. They will have to be uncompressed in order to be compatible with the AVI Functions. 

It is expected that upon the next version of LabVIEW and NI Vision, that they might start adding other video formats to be compatible. However, this has not yet been confirmed.

But I want to encourage you to voice your opinions concerning the need for this by posting it to the NI Idea Exchange.

R&D regularly checks this discussion forum to get feedback about NI products and particular features that our customers are requesting. The more posts about a particular topic, the greater the chance R/D will address them for a future release. 

Huntington W
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

***Don't forget to give Kudos and Accepted as Solution where it is deserved***
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,881 Views)