LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read From Spreadsheet File does not read any data into Waveform Chart Indicator

Why are you continuously reading the same files and putting them into the chart?

Is it one particular chart causing the problem, or all of them?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(506 Views)

No, I am not always reading the same file. I have another two file as well, in txt and another one in csv.

It is just that at this stage, I am just testing to read the eeg csv file into a waveform chart inside eeg tab. 

As for as I know, it does successfully read the data into the waveform chart, but that s it the problem..as mentioned earlier 

Also, when I try to read two files at the same time, the waveform doesn't display any chart at all. What is wrong with it? 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(501 Views)

Yes.; you have a total of 4 or 5 different file paths.  But it looks like your code will loop around and read those same 4 or 5 files, again, and again, and again.

Time for you to start using those debugging tools like probes, highlight execution, and extra indicators on wires to see what your data actually looks like as it comes out of those files.

Message 13 of 17
(491 Views)

Thanks for your suggestion.

It can now display it almost correctly, but the thing here is I want the graph to be shown in the waveform chart as screenshot (71).png, I have followed the same block diagram code in Test 1.vi and incorporated it into the testGUI.vi, but if you run the testGUI.vi and read the file test 1.csv into EEG sensor button, it wont be the same as in Screenshot(71).png

Does anyone have any idea why and whats wrong with the code? cause I followed exactly the same. I did not copy paste.

Regards,

nnhas

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(470 Views)

Hi nnhas,

after a small correction it (seems to) work for me:

check.png

You already got a recommendation to use debugging tools: so why don't you do this?

A great debugging tool is to put relevant code in a small test VI - like I did in the image…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(457 Views)

I have done that earlier and yes that worked, but it does not worked if I integrate it into the whole coding.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(453 Views)

Check if the graph has "Transpose Array" on (or off). Change it, or insert a transpose 2D array on the diagram.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(447 Views)