From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read Data through FTP

Hi,

I am trying to read data from a bin file kept in the server through FTP.

I am getting the data in some different format, how can i convert to original format, or how can I read in original format       .reading formatreading formatoriginal formatoriginal format

Never send a human to do a machine's job.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,316 Views)

1) How is the file originally written? Do you just put the array into a "write to binary file" function?

2) How are you "reading" the file. If you are actually copying the ftp file to local PC and then opening it, you probably just need to specify the 2D string array as datatype in the read from binary file. 

3) If you are using the Get Buffer VI, then consider changing your file type from binary to ascii if you want it to be easier to read. Then you can use functions like spreadsheet string to array to return it to the original. Otherwise you'll need some extra code.

Ian
LabVIEW since 2012
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,301 Views)

Original file written in Binary format,

and you are right, when copy the file to local PC and read using read binary file pallet it is coming.

But i need to directly read from the server. I will try by changing the binary option.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,284 Views)

I tried changing the binary option, but not working. I have to convert the data.. Is there any method to do that.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,279 Views)