From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read Data LM35 using NI MyRio

hi, i'm using lm35 for temperature sensor and my data acquistion using NI MyRio 1900. i got problem , normal temperature is correct showing 25 but when given a hot temperature, the temperature should rise but the temperature actually drops below 25. Here is my program.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,884 Views)

No, that's a picture of the Block Diagram of your LabVIEW Program.  Attach the Program (hint -- it is a file with the extension .vi, unless you are using NXG).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,865 Views)

How is the sensor supplied and connected to NI's interface ?

If you measure its output with a voltmeter, is it correct (250mV for 25°C) ?

How is the Express VI configured ? Why do you divide its output value by 2 ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,863 Views)

based on tutorial youtube, the sensor is supplied and connected to the NI interface as shown in the picture I inserted.

actually the output measurement is 500 mv for 50 °C,  because I read the datasheet the normal temperature is 250 mv then I divide it by two.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,854 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,853 Views)

As you know (you wrote it in the documentation of your VI) the scale factor of the sensor is 10mV/°C.

Therefore you only need to multiply its output voltage in [V] by 100 (or to divide it by 0.01) to get the corresponding temperature in [°C].

500mV for 50°C --> 10mV/°C --> correct. At what temperature is the output voltage no longer right ?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,832 Views)

The Express VI can't be opened without a NI MyRio.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,829 Views)