LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read 2182A by triggering through 6221

The links in the 1st pages for ther drivers aren't running anymore.  Can anyone forward those specific drivers?  That would be great.  Also if someone has done this system on a GPIB platform rather than an RS232 connection, I would love some help.  I am having the hardest time converting the Delta Meas. Example.vi given by keithley 622x 2009 LV project style download (which is RS232) into GPIB.

Danny

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 48
(2,714 Views)

I have the same probleme, any VI work properly.

I tried to download different database for 6220 or 6221 but nothing.

If somebody can post some delta mode vi for 6221 to labview 2012

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 48
(2,608 Views)

Are these the drivers you guys are talking about?

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.model_page?p_model_id=5555

TimC
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 48
(2,586 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for your answer TimC.

But I already have all of the data base of 6221 but I don't understand why I is it impossible for me to open the labview VI posted in previews pages(we call about the posted drivers on page 1).

When I try to open it labview search for a config buffer that doesn't exist on the 6221 labview drivers.

I can open the Delta mode exemple from labview 6221_v9 but when I try to do a delta measurement, the 6221/2182A start the Delta mode but nothing happens.

I just received a error message which says "no data in the buffer", the 2182A stay inactive and I have to restart it to solve the problème.

Have you got an Idea?

If someone else has an easy labview VI to do a simple delta measurement. I just want to measure a very very low resistance with a good sability of the measurement (the reason why a use delta mode).

My goal is to measure this resistance along a peace of material:

Set the delta mode first

Measure

Move the tips

Measure

Move the tips

Stop the measure

Turn off delta mode

If someone can help me.

Guillaume

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 48
(2,582 Views)

According to this forum, you can't use the delta mode if you are communicating with GPIB. Apparently only RS 232 will do the trick.

http://forum.keithley.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=12940

TimC
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 48
(2,560 Views)

Hi,

According to this forum and according to the 6221 manual for the delta mode, to use the delta mode:

6221 and 2182A are connected by RS232 and trigger link.

So now the 6221 drive the 2182A.

After I only connect a GPIB to the 6221 to pilot both of them.

I did a lot of research (Keithley, Keithley forum, NI forum...) and normaly its the way.

This is a video which explain how to connect.

http://www.keithley.com/centralized_display?mn=62212182A&assetid=56994

The picture from Keithley is attached

Guillaume

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 48
(2,554 Views)

Hi Guillaume,

did you ever find a solution to the problem?

I now have exactly the same issue:

6221<-->2182A via RS232 and trigger link

6221<-->PC via GPIB

When trying to run the 6221 Delta Mode.vi several sub-vi are missing (including the configure buffer.vi).

However, those vi are not included in the driver and can not be found anywhere else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Moritz

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 48
(2,451 Views)

When trying to run the 6221 Delta Mode.vi several sub-vi are missing (including the configure buffer.vi).

However, those vi are not included in the driver and can not be found anywhere else.

I have the problem like this. I didnt find 6221 Delta Mode.vi several sub-vi are missing firstly configure buffer.vi.

Please help us.

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 48
(2,392 Views)

Hi all,

I contacted Keithley and NI just to find there is no more LabView driver support for the 6221/2182A combo.

I now use the Instrument I/O Assistant to send the individual commands (can be found in the manual) to the Keithley and it works fine.

Best,

Moritz

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 48
(2,383 Views)

Hi all too,

How can I get the Instrument I/O Assistant?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 48
(2,368 Views)