From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: "Internal Software Error occurred in MIG software. Please contact National Instruments Support." Recurring Error

@mikewitt wrote:

Hello,

I am having a problem where I get the error "Error -229771 occurred at DAQmx Start Task.vi:1" with the information "Internal Software Error occurred in MIG software. Please contact National Instruments Support."

Now, from looking on the forums and in the knowledgebase, I have found that I can resolve this issue by clearing the MAX databse, with the instructions here: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/86256F0E001DA9FF86256FFD005B827C?OpenDocument

However, this is quite annoying, and happens on an almost daily basis--it happens EVERY time the computer is restarted. I only have one task, so I just delete the data folder and start again, I don't bother reverting to an older copy, but it's still quite cumbersome.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to keep this from happening again?

I am using LabView 2012 (32-bit) on a Windows 7 64-bit machine. I am also using a NI cDAQ-9174, with the first 2 bays populated with a NI 9205 and a NI 9401.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Mike Witt

hi Mike,

i also encounter this problem, the internet address is invalid, could you tell me how you solve this?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,136 Views)

Since the OP hasn't been around for 5 years I split this into a new thread. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,127 Views)

The poster, frogliang, joined the Forum yesterday and posted this query.  Today he (or she) posted two more, one of which involved LabVIEW NXG.  It is possible that this situation arises from someone attempting to do things in NXG that aren't (yet) available, or not understanding that LabVIEW NXG is different from LabVIEW ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,094 Views)

I moved the thread Bob.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,076 Views)