cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-initialize Cursors in Graphs

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I can't re-initialize cursors in graphs in LabVIEW (I tried in 8.2 and 2010, same issue). I tried to use the "selected Cursor" property, and initialize it with an empty array. When I run it, no more cursors are selected (which is what we expect) but the one that where highlighted when the VI stops running still remain highlighted (which led to confusion, they are not selected but highlighted).

It's probably very basic, but I search for an hour and I'm running out of ideas. If someone could help, I would appreciate.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,076 Views)

Can yo post your code so we can see what you are doing?

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,075 Views)

Hi Beno_Averna,

Attaching your code will make your problem more clear to us. By the way, did you try using re-initialize to default value property???

Regards,

Nitzz

(Kudos are always Welcome;)) 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,071 Views)

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried to re-initialize to default, but it doesn't change the cursor selection. Here is the example. You can try to select a cursor before launching it. Then, when you will launch it, I use the Selected Cursors property to unselected all cursors previously selected. The issue is that the cursor, even unselected is highlighted.

Thanks !!

Benjamin

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,064 Views)

Did you want to deselect the cursors or delete them?

If you want to delete them, you want to use the CursorList Property.

I'm not sure what you're actually trying to do though.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,054 Views)

I want to deselect it. In fact, using Selected Cursors with an empty array deselect it, but the cursor still appear highlighted. I want to reset the cursors pane to a know state, ie no cursors selected and no cursors highlighted.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,051 Views)

Hi Beno Averna,

If I am understanding your problem correctly, you are trying to bring the cursor to a particular location everytime you run the VI. For that you can use XY Graph Property node  Cursor position and wire it to a clustor of two 0 constants. Every time the program runs the cursor will be on 0 of the graph.

Regards,

Nitzz

(Give Kudos to good Answers and Mark it as a Solution if your problem is Solved;)) 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,050 Views)

Here are two example of how to do what I think you want to do.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,047 Views)

Hi Nitzz,

I don't want to set my cursor to a specific location. I attached an screenshot that shows where is my issue.

thanks

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,041 Views)

Hi,

This will do it for you. Check the attached VI.

Regards,

Nitzz

(Give Kudos to good Answers and Mark it as a Solution if your problem is Solved:smileywink:

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,037 Views)