From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-create boolean behaviour?

I am doing a check list that is filled out basically with controls (booleans) and calendar controls. The check list must be filled out during different days until completition, and everyday the data is saved on a simple report. I would like to know a simple way to keep the behaviour of the controls once the file is re-opened again, so the check list is re-created automatically every time I would open the file to update (or modify).

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Regards,

Alejo.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,123 Views)
Hi Alejo,

if I get you right, you´re looking for a method to set something default programmatically everytime you end and restart your programm. When I´m right, there are two ways you can use:

1. You could always create your own "default" values by creating an .ini file. You can then save the values to the .ini file to change the default for the next run of the machine. The values are read in the initialization of your program and the values are written to the controls/indicators.

2. If you want to save it programmatically have a look here:

Feel free to answer if I was wrong with my understanding to your question.

Alex
NI Switzerland
Message 2 of 2
(2,101 Views)