From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-associating driver to generated INF file

Hello. I have been trying to control my device through LabVIEW. I followed all the steps as per this link( I took my device as a USBRAW device). Once my PC recognizes my device as a NI-VISA USB device, The device is not recognized in device manager and the opposite also happens. This is causing issues to communicate with the device.

Could it be possible that re-associating driver to generated file as stated in this article is causing this issue?

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000x1qzCAA&l=en-US

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(644 Views)

What is your USB device? Are you using windows? 

(608 Views)

Windows does not allow multiple device drivers to claim a hardware resource. So your device can either be accessed from the NI VISA USBRAW driver or the original vendors device driver but not both together. 

Only filter drivers can be injected in an existing device driver stack but they are fairly complex to write, error prone and need to know specifics about the hardware resource they are injected into, so not really possible to do as an interface like USBRAW.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(595 Views)