From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: XYZ coordinates to matrices?

Hello.

Pls, I want to plot contour maps from XYZ data that is already saved in Microsoft Excel as delimited spreadsheet VI.csv file. How do I apply the solution given below by Altenbach  Knight of NI?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,492 Views)

Hey EngrSadiq, I would suggest making a new forum post and referencing this one with a link. This forum post is from 2013, so you're more likely to get responses if you create a new one!

Francine P.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,463 Views)

There is no solution below, but maybe there was one above earlier, before the post got moved to a new thread.

How is the data arranged in the csv file?

What's is the size of the xy area?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,455 Views)

Hello sir.

Sorry, I was supposed to write earlier solution not solution below.

The data is separeted by comma, for all X and Y values. I have 3 rows and 169 columns. X ranges from -6 to 6 and Y also have the same range of -6 to 6. Attached is the copy of the whole data  in Microsoft Excel as delimited spreadsheet VI.csv file. Thank you for your attention.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,423 Views)

"Read from spreadsheet file" (or "read delimited spreadsheet" in newer LabVIEW version) will read your data into a 2D array. Use comma as delimiter.

Now you need to initialize a 2D array and replace elements with z data according to the xy indices.

2D arrays (or matrices) only have non-negative indices, so you need to offset the x and y to satisfy that constraint.

See how far you get. Let us know if you have more problems.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,413 Views)