LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Teleoperate the Starter Kit from 20 floors away

I have been trying to open the VIs attached to the blog Teleoperate the Starter Kit from 20 floors away most of which open successfully.  However when trying to load 'Starter Kit Remote Reciever.vi' I get messages saying that I am missing two VIs and a FPGA bitfile.  These being;

"TCP Send Recieve.vi"

"Get Sensor Motor Offset.vi"

"Starter Kit Roamin~F0_FPGA Target_Starter Kit FPGA V~B4.lvbitx"

I have located the TCP VI as per the instructions in the comments on the blog, however cannot find the other two.  Where would they be located?

For reference, I am running LabVIEW 2011 (32-bit), and connecting to a Starter Kit 2.0 (DaNI).

Regards

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,207 Views)

Hello,

The Vi is designed to be added to the Starter Kit Roaming project.

You can find this by, in LabVIEW, going to File -> New... Then Project -> Project from Wizard -> Robotics Project then selecting Starter Kit 2.0.

However, I believe the example was written for LabVIEW 2010 and some changes were made for LabVIEW 2011.  Hopefully this will get you started but I will see what else I can discover later today.

Nick
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,178 Views)

Hello,

I think I understand a bit more,

The project you need to add the file to can be found here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2011\examples\robotics\Starter Kit 2.0 Custom FPGA

You will then need to compile the FPGA VI to get the bitfile. The other dependancy is not part of this project - this is simply because v 2.0 has been set-up differently. You will see that the FPGA controls have been changed also, so the example VI will need tweaking a bit (see which what the controls are now called and edit them).

Hopefully this points you in the right direction.

Nick
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,162 Views)

Hi,

I've tried the above instruction on how to get the Get Sensor Motor Offset.vi but still I cannot find it.
Is there any alternative to get this vi?

I'm using the LabVIEW 2011 SPI Robotics Module.

Many thanks
cawan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,002 Views)

HI, cawan.

This subVI, is included in a library that was created to complement the robotics module and the examples of the version (2010) of the LabVIEW Robotics. Here you have that library where this subVI. ( see attached ).

Also in the link below, is an example for  the teleoperation of the robot ( DANI ), which works perfectly.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/6491

Ing. Jonathan E. Cruz Ortiz

ENERGÍA PROACTIVA S.A.S

Cel : (+57) 3173669343 - (+57) 3124451894

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(2,973 Views)

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your reply. Really appreciate it.

I have a code, together with the vi that you've attached in the previous post. But i've changed some part of the teleoperate code, i've replace the TCP part with serial connection because thats what i'm aiming for, to manually control the robot using ZigBee module (ProBee ZS10 modules) which is connected to the DaNI via serial port RS232.

I'm not sure whether this is correct or not as i haven't deploy the code on the DaNI due to those unbroken wires. Could you please advice on how to fix those unbroken wires?

Many thanks

Cawan 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(2,947 Views)

sorry. typo *broken wire.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,925 Views)

Dear CawanEEE,

I hope you are well.

Thanks for posting on this thread.

I wanted to ask you for some further information.

I have had a look at your code and everything seems fine in terms of the VISA functions used to replace the TCP/IP with serial.

I did notice however that you were missing a VISA property node in order to monitor the number of bytes available at the port before reading.

A good example of VISA architecture can be found by looking at the Basic Serial Read and Write.vi. This can be found in the LabVIEW Example Finder under Hardware Input/Output>>Serial.

Do you have the NI FPGA module installed on your computer? Have you linked the I/O that will read out the 'sensor motor offset (rad)', 'stop motors (F)', 'left ccw velocity setpoint (rad/s)', 'right ccw velocity setpoint (rad/s)', 'sensor motor offset (rad)'?

If you could let me know how you are getting on that would be great.

Kind Regards,

Dom C
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,904 Views)

Dear Clad, 

Thank you for the reply. 

It's good to know that the serial part is okay except for the missing part. I've editted the code, in which i've replaced the "byte count" with "byte to read" function.
Before this, i assumed that, putting a constant number of "byte count" would be helpful in term of specifying the number of bytes that will be read by the VISA serial. Thank you for your suggestion on this.

I've installed NI FPGA in my computer.

About this:
"Have you linked the I/O that will read out the 'sensor motor offset (rad)', 'stop motors (F)', 'left ccw velocity setpoint (rad/s)', 'right ccw velocity setpoint (rad/s)', 'sensor motor offset (rad)'?"
I'm so sorry, but could you explain more about this?

I assume, the code (Reciever1001) will work alongside these two codes (Bot Command and Control1001) .

Looking forward for your reply
Thanks

Regards,
cawan

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,886 Views)

Dear cawanEEE,

I'm glad you have installed the FPGA module. The reason I asked is because the code you sent me had FPGA Read/Write control nodes on it.

When I opened your Receiver 1001.vi I noticed many broken wires (probably because I do not have the Robotics Module installed). Which controls and indicators are you writing to in the FPGA VI? 

In reference to the I/O I mentioned, these are related to the controls and indicators being read in the FPGA VI. Does this make sense?

Yes, those two additional VIs will work fine with the Receiver 1001.vi but how are you looking to incorporate these?

Kind Regards,

Dom C
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,861 Views)