From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sound record and check for the reference sound

I can hear some noisy sound on each motor when the inside stroke touches some mechanical part. That sound is almost same for each motor. I done with some external sensors DAQ into labview and signal processing of that data to distinguish the noisy and good motor but I could not get efficient results on signal analysis because the original frequencies of motor is always buried with noise and share the same band of spectrum and more, I cannot exactly filterout the noise frequencies. So, I decided to do it in another way that can have some good reference sound wav file in program, which always compare with  connected motor sound to the program. If it is not almost same sound when it compared to the reference good sound, then possibly the program should take some decision on the connected motor. I should use state machines for this operation but my question is that can I compare two sound files in labview. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,066 Views)

Hi Peter,

so you asked the same question three times? Right here for the 3rd time, here for the 2nd time.

Please continue in the original thread here!

Wow, there is a 4th thread (even older!) handling the same topic!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,060 Views)

Hello,

I am really sorry for this inconvenience. It was not deliberate. I just try to add two wav files after writing my message and then  I pressed two times the post button which took very long time and posted two messages without those wav files. Please answer my question.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,053 Views)