LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Serial port issue

I am running a program with 6 serial ports working in parallel. I have similar issue of read / write  with RW error sometimes. I am attaching the main VI as well. Can you guide me on this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,547 Views)

You hijacked a 6 years old post, you could have started a new one.

I had a look at your VI. You have huge problems with your code, I really advise to take some tutorials or training, so you can design a proper scalable code for your application.

Your block diagram is just way too huge! Besides, why do you use Timed Loops for serial communication? It does not make any sense...

Here you can find training resources: http://www.ni.com/training/

Also a good link for beginners: http://www.ni.com/newsletter/51735/en/

You will see, if you invest into some learning, it will pay back a lot later!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,533 Views)

I split this to a new thread.

Can you please send a link to the users manual for the device on the other side?

I hate to say but, someone needs to RTFM!   Also, show us some code  ( I'm on a Mobile device- so, a snippet  inline with the post would be nice) and explain why it fails.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,479 Views)

I did not load all of the subVIs, just the main one (just wanted to see the main vi). Attached is a 2892 x 8682 snippet. Smiley Surprised

The eight ball says if you try to view this on a mobile device, you are stewed. (Sorry couldn't resist adding a line from Wierd Science.)

Cheers,

mcduff

test.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,462 Views)

Well that's 6 copies of a example vi that could have been launched asynchronously with the correct Timed Loop Name, VISA Session and Node inputs wired to the connector pane.  (remove the stop buttons, name the the loops and stop them remotely):smileywink:

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,399 Views)