From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: RTD DaqmX Read

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

My question is not related to your question but just wanna ask if you can tell how to connect Ni9217 to RTD (wiring)?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,080 Views)

Hi swatej,

Since this is a fairly old thread, you may find an answer more quickly if you post a new thread with your question instead.  I would suggest creating a post in the Multifunction DAQ forum for assistance with the NI-9217.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/bd-p/250

Michael B.
Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,068 Views)
Solution
Accepted by RavensFan

Hi swatej,

besides asking in a different board you might also read the manual that came with your NI9217 module.

It shows a schematic (page 13!) on how to connect a Pt100 sensor to your DAQ module!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,060 Views)

Hi,

Manual does not specifies on how to connect the wires to the DAQ. But I figured out the if we just connect the RTD- to the COM using Jumper and do not connect the ground wire from RTD. we get the actual and correct readings. Thank you for the help though. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,029 Views)

@swatej wrote:

Hi,

Manual does not specifies on how to connect the wires to the DAQ. But I figured out the if we just connect the RTD- to the COM using Jumper and do not connect the ground wire from RTD. we get the actual and correct readings. Thank you for the help though. 

Actually it does tell you how to connect on page 13 of the manual linked above exactly like Gerd says above.

I don't know what you mean by "Ground" wire from the RTD.  RTD's don't have ground wires.  Unless perhaps the RTD wiring is shielded.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,015 Views)