LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Pre and Post delay for Analog Output Signal (HELP PLEASE!)

Solved!
Go to solution

Could you please share how to do that?

I am completely new to labVIEW and I have a USB-6000 which I use to measure analog or digital signals from external devices. I would appreciate it greatly for your knowledge. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(645 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Scientist-WMS

Hi WMS,

why do you post your question about reading signals in an old thread about generating analog output signals?

@Scientist-WMS wrote:

I have a USB-6000 which I use to measure analog or digital signals from external devices. I would appreciate it greatly for your knowledge.

So what is your problem?

Which knowledge do you ask for?

Have you learned from those DAQmx example VIs in the example finder?

Have you learned the basics about DAQmx? (Please skip the paragraph on the DAQAssistent!)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(631 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Scientist-WMS

@Scientist-WMS wrote:

Could you please share how to do that?

I am completely new to labVIEW and I have a USB-6000 which I use to measure analog or digital signals from external devices. I would appreciate it greatly for your knowledge. Thanks!

The users manual can be Found here  

Your post is a bit confusing.   Your title mentions analog output but, the post says you want to measure inputs from external devices.

I will ASSUME for my reply that you want a triggered AI channel.   The USB 6000 does allow hardware digital edge triggering by setting the trigger source to PFI1 and selecting either rising or falling edge.  You need to wire a digital signal to PFI1 where 0 is low and 5V is high.  Trigger delay and number of pretrigger samples should be supported BUT, the 6000 is designed to be extremely CHEAP and the user's manual is silent on those features. They may have been excluded to save manufacturing testing costs.

Either way, examples will be found if you search the example finder. Those will show you how triggered measurements are configured  and explain it without any typoes I might include in my post!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(606 Views)

Dear Jay,

Thank you so much for your very helpful reply. I read the user's guide and successfully install NI MAX on my new PC (I got that just for this). I am a Mac lover but NI does not have a new MAX for my Mac Power Book.

Anyway, things are moving nicely and I can see my signals as I wish now. I will try more advanced features as times come by.

By the way, if you know any NI MAX that can be run on Mac, please let me know. I download Version 2022 Q3 but it does not work for my PowerBook. (see the screenshot attached).

Thanks again for your kind and detailed feedback. I was not expected much when I posted my request and I am very pleasantly surprised by your reply (and others) and I think this is an excellent community!

Sincerely yours,

WMS

Message 4 of 5
(547 Views)

Dear GerdW,

Thank you so much for your kind reply. I read the basic manual you sent and it is very helpful.

I download DAQmx 2022 Q3 version, it worked nicely on PC Window, but it does not seem to work on my Mac PowerBook  (see the screenshot attached). Do you know any solutions for that?

Sincerely youors,

WMS

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(542 Views)