LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raster scan of the sample using Galvano Mirrors

Hi,

I am working on a project where I have to scan the sample in raster pattern, for the same I am using dual axis galvano mirrors, DAQ and Ni Labview software.

Galvano mirrors gets varying amplitude values to generate the sine wave and sine wave makes mirrors to function to rotate at specific angle according to applied amplitude.

Galvano mirrors has input range +-10V and sine wave 250Hz.

rotation 0.8V/1 degree.

To give diff amplitude values to the function generator to make sine wave between 0 to 10 V at fixed frequency 250Hz, I am using 2D array with some delay.

I have made VI for the same, but I am not sure about it works or not ?

So could any one check it and let me know whether the logic is correct or not or do I need to add anything ?

I have attached Vi.

Thank you ,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,368 Views)

I have used galvo mirrors to position a laser (which sounds like what you want to do).  However, to make the mirror go to a certain position, we sent it a DC Voltage, not a sine wave (a sine wave would have it oscillate "sinusoidally").

With our system, if we wanted to do a Raster scan, we would do the following:

• Put a resetting ramp (or a "half-triangle" wave) on X.  The extremes of the waveform give the start and end points of the sweep, and the period of the ramp gives the period of one Raster "line".
  • Have Y do a "Staircase", a set of DC voltages that "step" when the X axis resets, and whose extremes and step sizes correspond to the top, bottom, and number of scan lines.
  • I'd probably turn the Laser off during the "fly-back" (the step of the resetting X ramp).

Of course, if your Galvo really does take a 250Hz sinusoid to hold the mirror at some fixed position, then the above doesn't apply to you, and I apologize for not understanding your Galvo system.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,334 Views)

Hi,

Could you just show me your VI to get the better,

I am made the attached VI but it is not working properly in aright way .

I also have attached in that way it should work but it is not.

Also have attached video to see how it is working in a wrong way.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,303 Views)