From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raspberry Pi

Quick question on LV for the Pi , I understand LV Home 2014 is compatable with the Pi. Is the Pi only running the LV VI and the VI must be built on a PC, or can you install an entire version of LV on the Pi and have no need for a PC at all?  Also will the USB port on the Pi support all the LV USB DAQs and run the VI with out any PC power?

Thanks,

Alan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,874 Views)

You build the application on your PC and you deploy it using LINX (3.0).

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,833 Views)

For the Raspberry PI 3 Model B you have to install in your computer:

-LabVIEW 2014 32 bit version ( if you install the 64 bit version it doesnt work, or any other LV like 2015, 2016)

-Control Design and Simulation Module

-MathScript RT Module

-NI VISA

-VI Pakage Manager

-LINX 3.0

You cant install LB in the rasbian, all that you have to do its create a build for the PI, here its a link with a detail guide for configure your computer and your PI

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Raspberry-PI-installed-uncorrectly-on-LabVIEW-2014-with-LINX-3-0/m-p...

Download the guide and check it, if you need more information we are here to help you

Good luck!

Rhico

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,820 Views)