LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raltime XY Chart

I have 2 stream data set I want to plot these data into chart data1 on Xaxis and data2 on Yaxis, please advise to how to implement, thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,790 Views)

I suspect the problem you're having relates to your "2 stream data set"? If you have arrays, this is simple - bundle the arrays and connect to an XY Graph.

Perhaps you mean you're getting a subset of points each iteration of a loop, and you want to append these to a graph?

In that case, you can use one of 3(?) formats - an array of points (cluster of X and Y), a cluster of arrays (X array, Y array) or an array of Complex numbers (Re, Im).

The 3rd option is quite straightforward if you use the Build Array and Re/Im to Complex nodes.

A comparison of the methods can be seen here:

Comparison of bundling optionsComparison of bundling options

This was taken from another thread I answered, but hopefully it's clear that I have two individual DBL numbers (one for X, taken from the difference in time, and the other for Y from the string conversion over serial port) and I'm creating 3 different arrays on the Shift Registers (you only need to pick one of these options) and connecting it to an XY Graph (named Buffer).

You can get a link to the other thread if you're interested to read more by clicking on the image, and under the kudos/download buttons, there should be "publishing history" or similar. This thread and one other will be linked.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,755 Views)

Are you confusing Charts and Graphs?  In a Chart, the X axis is an implicit time axis, so you plot one (inor more) values on the Y axis, then move a fixed (dt) step to the right, and wait for the next set of data to plot.  If you want to plot X-Y pairs, where both X and Y are independently specified, you need to use a Graph.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,658 Views)