From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radix mit Hilfe des Eigenschaftsknoten ändern

Kann man bei einer numerischen Ausgabe mit Hilfe des Eigenschaftsknoten z.B. von Hex auf Dez umschalten?

Can I switch in the case of a numeric display with the help of characteristic knots of hexadecimal to decimal?

MfG
Thomas
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,825 Views)

Hello Thomas,

in LV8, simply specify 0 (for decimal) or 5 (for hex) to the property "Format & Precision:Format".

BR, Guenter.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,817 Views)

Thank you at first.

If the format is U32 i can change from hex  to decimal, but not to dbl.

And if the format is dbl i can´t change to hex.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,810 Views)

Hi Thomas

Could you clearify your task?

Do you want to switch the datatype (U8 > I16 > DBL) or do you want to switch the visible representation of the number (deicmal, hex, binary)?

Thomas

Using LV8.0
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't be afraid to rate a good answer... 😉
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,806 Views)
I want switch from DBL decimal to U32 hex.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,801 Views)
As far as I know it is not possible to switch a control dynamically from DBL to U32.

What do you want to achieve with this? Maybe there is a solution to the general problem withoug this change of the datatype.
Using LV8.0
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,792 Views)

@thomhofm wrote:
I want switch from DBL decimal to U32 hex.

You can't do that! This is an edit time only modification and therefore can't be done in a running application. LabVIEW is strictly typed and changing any datatype requires a recompile of the code, which is something that can only happen:

1) On VIs in edit mode (e.g. not running or reserved for running)

AND

2) Only in the LabVIEW development system and not in a build executable

Rolf Kalbermatter

Message Edited by rolfk on 05-12-2006 11:16 AM

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 7 of 11
(2,793 Views)
Yes, rolf is right. After think a little bit more, this is not just a restricted operation in LV. I don't know any other language, where this is possible. If the program runs, memory is allocated for the variables. If you change the datatype you would get problems, because the memory is not allocated properly anymore.
Using LV8.0
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,789 Views)
OK, but a solution to the problem would be to wire two indicators (same look, same bounds, same pos) to your data and switch the visibility with property nodes.
Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,786 Views)

@daveTW wrote:
OK, but a solution to the problem would be to wire two indicators (same look, same bounds, same pos) to your data and switch the visibility with property nodes.

This is one possible and quite nice solution for certain cases. Since the OP didn't really specify what it was he wanted to achieve I didn't take the time to come up with a number of possible solutions.

If it is only about showing information to a user you can also get around it sometimes by simply restricting precision to 0. If it is about being able to show numbers both in HEX and floating point then I do agree that your solution would be the most appropriate one although I have to admit that I struggle to come up with a situation where a number can be both something that is meaningfully presented as HEX as well as a floating point number.

Rolf Kalbermatter
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,780 Views)