From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radio Button is not Display in Silver Control

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Genious, 

I don't see "Radio Button" menu to Silver Control. Can anyone help me to understand where can I get it?

cause when I open the Labivew example file for Radio Button, it's available there.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(4,463 Views)

You can drop any other radiobutton control (modern, system, classic) and replace the contents with silver controls.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(4,440 Views)

Drop a Radio Button Control from one of the other palettes.

Then add boolean LED's from the silver palette into it.  Delete the original booleans in it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(4,438 Views)

I am not getting it exactly.

Can you help me to explain step by step ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(4,405 Views)

Hello Genius.

I follow the step mention by you, but I am not able to get the result.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(4,404 Views)

@BHAIRAVTAILOR wrote:

Hello Genius.

Nobody in this thread is named Genius, so we have no idea what you are referring to.

What step do you have problems with? Maybe start reading here or here.

Quote from here:

"A radiobutton control is a special container for booleans where only one (or possibly zero if so configured) can be true at any given time. On the diagram it acts like an enum with the label of each control as items."

A radiobutton container can contain any number of any style booleans, but it must contain at least one boolean at any given time for some unknown reason. The container enforces that only one button can be true. Similar to a cluster container, you can also "right-click ... autosize" the container to arrange the items in a certain order. Don't forget to label the booleans!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(4,393 Views)

@BHAIRAVTAILOR wrote:

I am not getting it exactly.

1.  Drop one of the radio button controls onto the front panel.

2.  Select a boolean from the silver palette onto the front panel.

3.  Drop that boolean into the radio button container.

4.  Goto 2 until N=number of buttons you want.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(4,386 Views)

Radio.jpg

My requirement is to show a Radio button as per Figure 1 in an executable panel. I tried all the possible Solution, can you please help me to change Radio Button layout from Default to as per requirement? 

Requirement type is available in Default Boolean Example of Labvewi. but I don't want to copy-paste from there. I want to learn. 

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(4,385 Views)

Follow Ravens advice and then hide the boolean labels (don't make them blank!).

@BHAIRAVTAILOR wrote:

Requirement type is available in Default Boolean Example of Labvewi. but I don't want to copy-paste from there. I want to learn. 

Nobody asked you to copy-paste. (Besides, there is nothing wrong using copy-paste, you need to learn that too! :D)You can drop each boolean directly from the palette into the radiobutton container. Then change the boolean text and hide the label. Did you look at all my links above?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(4,375 Views)

Radio.JPG

I want my radio button should be like this.. 

I try all the best possible option. but unable to get it.. 

can you please help me to explain step by step solution ? since I am new, your support here will be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(4,352 Views)