LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RUNWAY WEATHER SYSYTEM

hi everyone, i have attached a vi for a runway weather system. Ofcourse its not complete because i am having a lot of trouble in its initial part.Here is what its suppose to do 1. Gather UDP data packets containing runway weather sensor data(WHICH I HAVE DONE) 2. segregate data of each sensor and store it in a separate array so i can perform calculations on that data as it is in raw form( I CAN SEGREGATE IT ONCE BUT IT IS A CONTINUOUS DATA AND I AM UNABLE TO SEGREGATE IT CONTINUOUSLY)\ 3.store each sensor data for 10 min and display the 10 minutes average in a GUI i have the formulas for converting the raw data in displayable format but I CANNOT SEGREGATE CONTINUOUS INCOMING DATA NOR I CAN STORE IT FOR 10 MINUTES AND TAKE ITS AVERAGE i am stuck for over 2 months. i asked separate questions initially on forum but i am too dumb to perform it kindly someone help and make changes in my VI. regards

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,756 Views)

What model of weather system are you trying to get the data from?  I am specifically interested in the data message protocol (ei the format of the data being sent).  It appears to have a start character and a stop character.  So we can possibly use that to separate each message frame and then continuously parse out the data.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,719 Views)

hey thanks for your kind reply

i am unaware of model number because i  just sit next to a server in which all sensor data combines in a UDP packet which arrives in my laptop by Ethernet connection to server. However each line represents separate variables

SECOND LINE gives Visibility value from which i will calculate runway visibility and range

FOURTH LINE gives Background Luminanace value

similarly other values......

each time a packet of length 512 is recieved and each time i have to separate lines and pick out values and store them for 10 min,convert these string values to number and perform calculations.

My code perform one time segregation and rest packets remain untouched

moreover after segregation of even first packet i know nothing how to save the value only of variable for calculations

I am sorry, i am not new to lab view but the concept of timing and saving is not getting into my head

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,708 Views)