LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT source code won't run, but RT application works fine. Packed Libraries are involved.

Good afternoon,

I'm trying to build a small test application using a framework we've developed internally (classes contained in libraries, modules launched dynamically in a similar way to the actor framework) which up until now has been used on windows based targets exclusively. We distribute the framework internally and to clients via a packed library.

• Running from source with the framework as source code within the project works as both a RT Application and from Source
  • Running from source with the framework as a packed library doesn't work (Semi typical deployment error RT3.lvlib:RT3.lvclass:Main.vi loaded with errors on the target and was closed), yet the RT Application works fine.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to where I should be looking?

Thanks,

Peter 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,648 Views)

I just want to update this in case any one else has a similar issue - I am currently working on a Service Request with Peter on this issue. I will update this when we have found a solution.

So far, we have looked at their framework, and then compared it to the Actor Framework Fundamentals example project - neither of which will deploy to a cRIO correctly as a Packed Library. There is, however, an Actor Framework As Packed Library project, which deploys successfully, which we are currently looking at.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,547 Views)

Peter and his colleague have shifted the focus of their application which has avoided this issue. As such, this has begun a matter of reduced priority for us to investigate.

However, we may come back to this, and if anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to mention them!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,519 Views)