LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT build not recognized by LabVIEW 2012

Recently I began upgrading an existing RT project from LV 2011 to 2012, and I have run into a problem when I attempt to build the RT application. The application builds without errors, but when completed the icon within the project is a blue circle with a white question mark on the inside, and does not deploy correctly. According to LV help this icon represents a file with an unknown editor. My initial thought is that I am missing a toolkit, or something else that I need to install. 

system specs:

W7 32bit

LV 2012

4x RT targets

Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,111 Views)

Hello,

In terms of required installation, when upgrading from LabVIEW 2011 to LabVIEW 2012, you will also need to install LabVIEW Real-Time 2012 and NI-RIO 12.0.  You will then have to make sure your RT targets also have their software components upgraded to match your host.

Which icon in your project is a blue circle with a white question mark?  A screen shot would be helpful.  I have seen this question mark, and removing then re-adding the offending file (.lvproj in my case) removed the question mark.  Assuming your software is all installed, you might try this method.  You could also try navigating to the location of the file in your Windows Explorer and launching it into LabVIEW from there.  This should associate LabVIEW with that type of file, and allow LabVIEW to work with it.

Patrick
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,075 Views)

PatJamSim wrote:

In terms of required installation, when upgrading from LabVIEW 2011 to LabVIEW 2012, you will also need to install LabVIEW Real-Time 2012 and NI-RIO 12.0.  You will then have to make sure your RT targets also have their software components upgraded to match your host.

Err, the user shouldn't need NI-RIO unless they're using an FPGA device, right?  I didn't see anything in the original post indicating a need for RIO.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,070 Views)

Hello Nathan,

The NI-RIO drivers are required for discovery and configuration of compact RIO devices; I assumed (potentially mistakenly) that they are using a cRIO target, as these are what I work with most commonly.  You are right in the sense that the original poster did not specify what type of RT target they are using, indicating that NI-RIO my not be the necessary driver.  I shall modify my above statement to read "you will need to install LabVIEW Real-Time 2012 and the drivers corresponding to your devices."

Thanks for pointing that out, I would hate for someone to think NI-RIO is necessary with a Compact FieldPoint!

Patrick
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,062 Views)