LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT app doesn't start on power-up or re-boot

Hi Again, Gang:

This one is stumping me.  I've finished a cRIO application, and am now in the process of getting it ready for distribution.  The RT part of the app runs fine when I upload it from the host PC.  When I set the app to run at startup from NV RAM, it doesn't run.  Well, actually, to make matters worse--it DID run ONCE!  This morning I powered the cRIO, then did other things for a while.  I later looked at the unit and saw the user LED was flashing the sequence that says it's working.

I've read through the troubleshooting stuff on the web site.  I've FTPd into the box and it looks like it's set up right.  The dip switches are all off.  I've waited for 10 mins to see if comes up after a while.  I've experimented with the FPGA upload settings to see if that's the issue.  (The RT won't get very far if the FPGA doesn't start)  Is it possible that something with the shared variable engine is holding it up?

I'm about out of ideas.  I really hope that someone can give me some!

Thanks in advance!

Roger

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,401 Views)

some hints

- use the DSM to look for RT CPU activity

- write the RT state to a shared variable

- be aware where the SVE resides on the network and use a correct *.aliases file (for SVE name resolution) beside the RTexe

- besure that if the SVE is not on the RT it is at least running if you restart the RT

- besure that the nirt.ini file on the RT defines the correct rtexe as startup app and that the LauchAppAtReboot is set to true

Hope it helps

Christian

Message 2 of 4
(2,390 Views)

hi!!

Have you got any solutions. it seems there some bugs in lv2010. we are facing similar problems. some times every thing works but after restart it shows some error(blinking of yellow LED on RT).some time variable are not being published .i am working with mutltiple target in a single project. i have tried all options like auto deploy variable(ON/OFF)

seperate libraries for each target eventhough applications is similar for all targets. Just shareing my experience(pain)

Regards

Nageswar

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,347 Views)

Hi,

What I've found is that development activity on the cRIO seems to affect it.  On the new units, where we just loaded the software it all went fine.  And on my development machine, If you leave it powered down for an hour or two, then power it, it will boot.

FWIW,

Roger

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,337 Views)