LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT Tag Bus DCAF: UDP Module (TEC)

https://github.com/LabVIEW-DCAF/TECModule

I need to make some changes to this module and I'd like to contribute them to the source if possible.  (I'm going to make the changes either way, but I'd like to discuss with the maintainers if this is a useful change)

Primarily, I don't want to be locked in to as static set of IP addresses to communicate with this.  I don't need (or want) broadcast at this time.

Basically I want to switch the hard-coded IP address to something on the Tag Bus.

Secondly, I will be creating a tag bus module that will discover the target(s) and allow a user to choose which one to select.  I'd like to use the allready existing NI discovery VIs but I've never been able to get them to work correctly and have always reverted to doing a UDP broadcast every 5 seconds or so when not connected to a remote target.

Firstly, is this a change you guys are onboard with?  Do you have time to review pull requests?

Thanks

------------------------------------
Jon Kokott
CLA, CLED, CTD, MCP C#
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,957 Views)

Hi Jon_Kokott, about making the broadcast it can be useful. I think in here the best option would be allow in the configuration page to either get a static ip, or linking it to a tag. In here the biggest change would be on the runtime code, as you would need to change the port configuration that is currently done in the init, to actually open or reopen the connections on the process section  (you would need to create the override).

Is this a change you guys are onboard with?

Yes sounds good.

Do you have time to review pull requests?

Yes, I have time to review the pull request.

We also have a group in which we can have more detailed discussions about DCAF

https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/dcaf

Best Regards

Benjamin C
Principal Systems Engineer // CLA // CLED
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,932 Views)