LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT Controller power up order

I am working on deploying a LabVIEW RT system and running into what seems to be a power up order problem.
If I power up the PXI system before the laptop that is connected to the chassis, it will not connect to LabVIEW.  Max can wake it up, but I must power up the PXI chassis after the laptop to establish communications.
this happens with either a crossover cable or straight cable.
Is there a setting that I am missing?
does it work differently if I target an EXE on the PXI system?
Any help would be appreciated.
Stu
Stu
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,049 Views)
Hey Stu,
    What version of LabVIEW are you using?  What PXI controller?  What do you mean by MAX can wake it up?  Are you booting the PXI controller into Windows or RT?
Brian B
Account Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,000 Views)
LabVIEW 7.1.1.
PXI 8196
PXI is LabVIEW RT.
the controller will not respond to "ping" but if I go into MAX it will "recognize" the RT controller (after some time)
Thanks
Stu
Stu
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,983 Views)
How have you set/ assigned the IP address for the controller??
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,978 Views)
Hey Stu,
    I echo devchander's question.  Do you have the PXI setup with a static IP?  I would think so since you are connecting directly to your PC.

Brian B
Account Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,965 Views)
yes it is a fixed ip address.
Stu
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,938 Views)
Hey Stu,
    Does this controller communication behave the same way when booted into RT Safe Mode?  You say it shows up in MAX "after some time," can you then ping the controller?  If you boot up the controller after the PC, can you see it in MAX and ping it right away, or does it take some time again?
Brian B
Account Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,894 Views)