LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RS1384 software connection required before starting labview

Dear colleagues,

I was developing a vi for reading the RS1384 temperature values. However, we have seen that before running the attached vi, it is required to open the RS1384 software "Run D4IThermoMeter", select the COM, and then close it. If not, the program cannot work.

We developed similar vis with other thermometers (RS1316) and we have not observed this problem.

Why can be this caused?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,123 Views)

What is Run D4IThermoMeter? Is this software from the sensor manufacturer or something that you have written.

If it is the sensor manufactures software it might be sending a start command so that the sensor starts streaming data. Have a look in the sensors manual to see if there is any commands you need to send before you can read data.

Message 2 of 5
(1,100 Views)

Sounds like the company that makes this equipment wants you to use their software, so they make it a requirement that you run it.  Talk to the company and ask for a work-around?

Bob Schor

Message 3 of 5
(1,094 Views)

Hi Bob_Schor,

Thank you very much for your response. I will contact a representative of the company to check if this possibility exists.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,038 Views)

Hi Niatross,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

D4IThermometer is the software provided by the sensor manufacturer. Sorry but I do not know if I am allowed to share it here.

I have checked the manuals of the device and software, but there is no info regarding this matter. As another colleague suggested, I will contact a representative of the company to check if there is another version of the software that has solved this problem.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,034 Views)