LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RS UPL driver problem. "VISA read" returns wrong values.

Hi everybody,

I'm actually trying to drive an UPL (R&S) using the labview drivers V7.3.1 found by the way of this site.
I've developped the module to apply the config (gene and analizer) but when I started to read measurements (read dual channel) I had a new issue.
In fact, the UPL is returning "1" in meas ch 1 and the correct result in the other one, sometimes it's the contrary, sometimes the two values are false, sometimes it returns an error (-1074003951 or 107367294). I didn't remarked this problem earlier because I've just integrated it in my application so it's quite embarrassing to me!
I've also tried different ways to get the correct measurements (see attached VIs) but I still have problems.

The person who have developped the driver (a few years ago) told me to use Flush to be sure to empty the buffer, but it returns an error and is sometimes really efficient and sometimes the contrary!

I tried to slow the program, send differents function, but finally when there is a "VISA read" in the VI it is susceptible to return a wrong value.

I think I miss a little something to control the process so I hope someone will be able to help me.
Thank you in advance.

Bim
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,306 Views)
Hi,

Typically, the error -1074003951 is caused when an ID Query is made to the instrument, and there is not an exact match of the Instrument Driver's string. This error indicates that your version of the instrument is different from the version used to make the instrument driver.
It could mean that the instrument is not supported by the driver. However, it could also mean that the manufacturer has changed the instrument (released a new firmware version) which sends back a different identification string. If you are confident that the driver should be supported, simply go into the instrument driver's Initialize.vi and check ID Query to be false (Don't Check). This error can also sometimes occur if VISA is not installed. You should ensure that VISA is present. First, try the advice above.

I hope this helps.
Regards.

Matthieu G.
AE, NI France
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,298 Views)