LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RQS and visa on wait

Hello!

I have Agilent 35670A signal analyzer over GPIB. For the past three months or so, it has been working fine. However, since last week, I seem to have a problem with it, especially with visa on Wait.vi.

What happens is that Labview waits and wait without processing to a next vi even if the instrument has finished its job. The particular vi that is problematic is called "run.vi", in which, by highlighting the execusion, I have found that the vi named as "wait on RQS" is not responding at all.

I was previously using Labview 7.1, but when the problem started, I upgraded it to the version 8, but without any success of getting rid of the problem.

Looks to me that the instrument lost the communication with the labview, and the labview is still trying to communicate with it. Only this specific function causes trouble and the rest of the function, such as obtaining the data itself (without having the labview to run the instrument) works OK.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,837 Views)
Hello havenoidea,
Is the instrument still asserting this line?  This function relies on asserting a specific line on the bus, so if that does not happen, this function will not return.  Has anything happened to your connection or cable when this started?  If you have any GPIB analyzer hardware you can monitor these lines to verify that they are changing as expected.  Was there any thing else you noticed happened just before this behavior started?

I believe there are some other discussion forums that have this problem too.  But since this function is related to a specific line, it might be a good idea to try a different cable or GPIB interface to see if the hardware is malfunctioning somewhere.

Regards,
Angela
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,811 Views)
Hello Havenoidea,

Did you solve your problem?
If yes, can you inform me how you got rid of your problem.

In my case when I measure the frequency response with one test sample, it works OK, but with another sample I get the always same problem with you. 
I changed the timeout value, but no succeed.

Any idea?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,775 Views)
Hello,

Are you getting any specific errors? I am not sure what you mean by "when I measure the frequency response with one test sample, it works OK, but with another sample I get the always same problem with you". Does this mean that the first time you take the measurement everything works fine, and then when you try to take the measurement again, you get an error? Also, could you tell me what exactly your VI is doing, what functions you are using etc. What operating system are you on and what version of NI-488.2 do you have? Let me know the answers to these questions, and we can try to figure out what the problem is. Thanks!

Regards,

Ebele O.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,755 Views)

Hello,

thank you for your reply.

I am LabView beginner and try to measure the frequency response of actuator with LabView 7.1 and Agilent 35670A signal analyzer.

When I test one sample, it works OK, but when I measure next sample(new one) again, I get the following error message.

Error 1073807339 occurred at VISA wait on Event in Wait for RQS.vi

It happens almost same with havenoidea's. LabView wait and wait ("Wait on RQS.vi is not response at all") even if the signal analyzer finished the measurement, then I get the error message. ( but I get the result from the signal anayzer). In this case the sweep frequency of the signal analyzer (from 2Hz up to 50KHz) changes very slowly.

I use Window XP and NI-488.2 ver.1.70 in my PC.

I attached the related VI for your reference. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,739 Views)