From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIO Device Setup Error -63193

When attempting to use the "RIO Device Setup..." option on my NI cRIO-9074 in LabVIEW 2019 in order to download a bitfile, the RIO Device Setup window starts up, but displays this error

"Error -63193 occurred at an unidentified location

possible reason(s):

The requested feature is not supported."

This same error appears when I create a new blank project, add the cRIO device, and attempt the above steps, so it does not appear that the LabVIEW project I am using is causing this error. Is this error caused by a missing driver or missing software on the development computer? What software or drivers should I install or update? I have attached screenshots of the software installed on the cRIO chassis, and the software I have in NI Package manager.

Some other details: I am using LabVIEW 2019 because it is the last version of LabVIEW which supports my cRIO chassis, and I am running the 32 bit versions of the software, since they are required for the realtime function of the cRIO chassis.

Failed To Establish Connection.PNG

cRIO Installed Software.PNG

NI MAX Software.PNG

package manager 1.PNG

package manager 2.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(968 Views)

Hey there,
To solve this, install both NI-RIO Server and NI-RIO Server (Legacy) onto the CompactRIO through NI MAX. 

Best regards,
Adam Dobo

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(923 Views)

Thank you for the response, however I cannot locate NI-RIO Server or NI-RIO Server (Legacy) in the NI MAX installer wizard. I have attached a screenshot with all of the available packages I can download to the cRIO. Do you know which driver package and version I need to install/re-install to get NI-RIO Server? Is there a specific package in the NI Package Manager / VI Package Manager or download page on the NI website where I can find it?

MGeorgeLM_0-1661555102669.png

MGeorgeLM_1-1661555128885.png

MGeorgeLM_2-1661555151100.png

Thanks for your time

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(895 Views)