LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REM-11180 Bus Coupler help!

Hello everyone, this is my first post here!  I just got hired at my first company and I am using LabView to do some R&D for our brand new REM-11180.  I am new to the LabView environment and Bus Couplers in general.  Do any of you have advice on a simple LabView project I could write to test the functions of the REM-11180?  I am a little lost on where to start so any help would be very appreciated!  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,664 Views)

First, congrats on the hire, and welcome to the forums!

Are you using any other hardware in conjunction with the REM-11180?

You'll need to make sure you install the EtherCAT driver (linked to the most recent version, you'll want to ensure compatibility with your version of LabVIEW and Windows.

I generally go straight to shipping examples for first programs, and I think there are several examples that pertain to EtherCAT once you get that installed.

Claire M.
Technical Support
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Message 2 of 4
(2,610 Views)

I have the same question as the OP.

I installed EtherCAT driver, but can't find any palette on the block diagram. Industrial Controls palette only has the CANbus driver.

The only example I could find uses a RIO as the controller, and seems to use magic to write to some kind of variable.

I have PXI and was hoping to have something normal looking, e.g. Init.VI, Configure.VI, Read.VI, Close.VI

Is there a specific example you could direct me to?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,493 Views)

Capture.PNG

The palette is belonged to "Industrial Communications".

Remote I/O example here: <National Instruments>\LabVIEW 201*\examples\indcomecat\Remote IO

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,486 Views)