LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REF OUT port on NI PXIe-5654 RFSG - turn on via LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

First off, let me apologize for what I am afraid might be a "let me Google that for you" question, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere..

I have a NI PXIe-5654 signal generator. This model comes with two REF OUT ports - one that outputs a 10 MHz 5 dbm signal, and another than outputs a 100 MHz 5 dbm signal. I need the 10 MHz one specifically, so I can connect it to the REF IN port of my FPGA (NI PXIe-7962+5783).

I can get this signal to output via the soft front panel, device/system --> Ref Clk Export >> Ref out, and I get an oddly-shaped but workable signal. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to turn this option on via the LabVIEW code (I'm currently using the basic included example for generating a single tone sine wave). I've looked all throughout the Measurement I/O options for RFSG, but the closest I've found is the Ref Clock VI (second subvi from the left in the example), and that doesn't allow me to choose an output - it only has an "instrument handle in" and a greyed-out "instrument handle out".

I know I have to be missing something simple, but I would very much appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction. I'd rather not explain to my boss I'm stuck on something so simple.. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,933 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Elizabeth_Rose

Hey,

You should be able to use "niRFSG Export Signal" in order to be able to turn on the 2 ref clocks.  This can be done by simply specifying the signal as a "Ref Clock" and then which output terminal you want to use.

Regards,

Ryan

AE

Ryan
Group Manager
FlexLogger
NI R&D
Message 2 of 3
(2,869 Views)

Thank you SO much!! I didn't realize there were express VIs not in the RFSG Measurement I/O section. I really appreciate it!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,865 Views)