From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REF OUT port on NI PXIe-5654 RFSG - turn on via LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

First off, let me apologize for what I am afraid might be a "let me Google that for you" question, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere..

I have a NI PXIe-5654 signal generator. This model comes with two REF OUT ports - one that outputs a 10 MHz 5 dbm signal, and another than outputs a 100 MHz 5 dbm signal. I need the 10 MHz one specifically, so I can connect it to the REF IN port of my FPGA (NI PXIe-7962+5783).

I can get this signal to output via the soft front panel, device/system --> Ref Clk Export >> Ref out, and I get an oddly-shaped but workable signal. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to turn this option on via the LabVIEW code (I'm currently using the basic included example for generating a single tone sine wave). I've looked all throughout the Measurement I/O options for RFSG, but the closest I've found is the Ref Clock VI (second subvi from the left in the example), and that doesn't allow me to choose an output - it only has an "instrument handle in" and a greyed-out "instrument handle out".

I know I have to be missing something simple, but I would very much appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction. I'd rather not explain to my boss I'm stuck on something so simple.. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,922 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Elizabeth_Rose

Hey,

You should be able to use "niRFSG Export Signal" in order to be able to turn on the 2 ref clocks.  This can be done by simply specifying the signal as a "Ref Clock" and then which output terminal you want to use.

Regards,

Ryan

AE

Ryan
Group Manager
FlexLogger
NI R&D
Message 2 of 3
(2,858 Views)

Thank you SO much!! I didn't realize there were express VIs not in the RFSG Measurement I/O section. I really appreciate it!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,854 Views)