From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R-Series USB module, FPGA not recognized as target device

Hi,

I recently purchased a NI-USB7855R module and in trying to set it up for an analog acquisition, I followed  this tutorial -> http://www.ni.com/tutorial/14833/en/.

Even though the device appears on NI MAX, on step 3.3.a of the tutorial (when trying to add a target device), the "FPGA Target" folder does not appear as an option in the list.

All software has been installed according to the tutorial instructions, and I have reinstalled everything again once, with no success.

I would greatly appreciate any help in fixing this problem. For your convenience, please find the NI technical report generated by NI MAX attached as a .zip file.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,903 Views)

Anyone?

Message 2 of 5
(2,826 Views)

In what order did you install the software?  If you installed NI-RIO 14.0.1, you have the driver required to see the device in 2014.  That would explain seeing it in MAX.  To install support for the version of LabVIEW, you'd want to install NI-RIO after you installed LabVIEW.  Did you install NI-RIO first?

When you right-click, are you certain you're clicking on "My Computer" and not the project name?  If you right-click on the project, you'll get a similar dialog but it'll show remote targets instead of the R-Series device.  If you're certain you're on "My Computer," what does the screen show you?  Are there any options?

You didn't receive many replies because you didn't really give a lot of information.  We have to do a lot of guessing here to figure out what's going on and people are less likely to respond when they're guessing.  In strange cases, you'll want to give as much information as you can even when you don't think it matters for the solution.

Message 3 of 5
(2,814 Views)

@natasftw wrote:

In what order did you install the software?  If you installed NI-RIO 14.0.1, you have the driver required to see the device in 2014.  That would explain seeing it in MAX.  To install support for the version of LabVIEW, you'd want to install NI-RIO after you installed LabVIEW.  Did you install NI-RIO first?

I installed the software in the following order: 

• NI LabVIEW 2014
  • NI LabVIEW FPGA Module 2014
  • NI-RIO 14.0 

@natasftw wrote:

When you right-click, are you certain you're clicking on "My Computer" and not the project name?  If you right-click on the project, you'll get a similar dialog but it'll show remote targets instead of the R-Series device.  If you're certain you're on "My Computer," what does the screen show you?  Are there any options?

Ok, that was the problem, I was right-clicking the project! I can see the FPGA target now 😉 Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,804 Views)

Glad it was that easy to fix 😃  It's also nice you posted the install order for anyone else that might find this thread later.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,781 Views)