LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quitting remote front panels messes up program

Solved!
Go to solution

I have successfully connected to another computer running my VI using remote front panels. The computer running my VI is using parallels on a mac. When I connect to the VI I am using safari on a mac. Whenever I want to exit the browser I press Quit and it shuts down, but sometimes this messes up the program and I get an error. The error occurs when I try to write to a property node of a boolean LED. Is there any way to prevent this from happeing? I have attached pictures of the error and the spot where it happens. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,586 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MaddieDrake

Disable automatic error handling in the VI properties, or put a Clear Errors VI (from the dialog palette) after the property node.

Property nodes only work when there is a front panel available. When you disconnect the remote front panel, the VI no longer has a front panel available, so property nodes generate errors. You need to ignore that error. If your code relies on reading and writing property nodes - if the logic won't work properly without them - then you need to restructure your code. When no front panel is connected, the Value (Signaling) property will never generate an event.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,569 Views)