From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick sampling rate question on NI PCI-6221

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi I was just wondering if anyone can answer a sampling rate question on this card the PCI-6221 (https://www.ni.com/en-us/shop/model/pci-6221.html).

In particular if I wanted to simultaneously transmit (analog output) and aquire data (analog input) what is the max sampling rate I could use. Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,484 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JacktheLad

Since the 6221 is multiplexing the analog input, your question for simultaneous ai/ao is only possible for a single ai channel. If your "simlutaneously" may include some delay (e.g. 100us), you possibly can work with several ai-channels as well....

Since AI multiplexes, the sample rate achievable is the total sample rate (250kHz) divided by the number of channels you are using. AO is faster than AI so this does not reduce that number.

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 2 of 2
(2,452 Views)