LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queued message handler, handling events based on message loop outputs.

I have a queued message handler with an event handler (producer) and a message handler (consumer). I want a certain series of events in the event loop to occur when the message handler completes its queue. I created a new queue with the completed output message, but when I access the dequeued message in my event loop using property nodes to access their values, the main event loop waits until this message arrives. I am new to labview and am sure I have done something incorrect. Any help would be appreciated. The message handling loop will eventually reside in a real time SB Rio and I am trying to simulate the interaction between the host and the real time machines.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,892 Views)

couldn't open your code in LV17, Could you save it in earlier version and upload it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,884 Views)

@rohith2 wrote:

I want a certain series of events in the event loop to occur when the message handler completes its queue. I created a new queue with the completed output message, but when I access the dequeued message in my event loop using property nodes to access their values, the main event loop waits until this message arrives.

What I do to send messages back to the GUI (event) loop is use User Events.  These work with the Event Structure.

@rohith2 wrote:

The message handling loop will eventually reside in a real time SB Rio and I am trying to simulate the interaction between the host and the real time machines.

Well, you are going to want a loop on the PC side that does nothing but try to talk with the sbRIO and then use the User Event that I mentioned before to get the updated data to the event loop.  You will likely want to do something similar on the sbRIO side, but use a queue to get the data to the message handler.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 3
(1,854 Views)