From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue returns blank strings from template VI

I have created a master VI which creates a named queue, this VI then spawns multiple copies of a template VI. These sub VIs all gain access to the queue and try writing data to it. I understood that the queue VI was protected so this should not cause a problem. Infact this does not work at all, when i extract element within the master VI it only finds a few of the elements and returns blank strings between. Help what is going on. I am not destroying the queue or such, it seems to be a problem with the protection of the queue when using template VIs.
Cheers Tom.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,345 Views)
I have not been able to reproduce the problem on LV 6.0.2 Win98. Do you check the error cluster when an empty element is returned? Posting your code might help to find the problem.

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,345 Views)
Sorry the code is part of a large application, i will try to get back with a cut-down version to demonstrate the problem. Meanwhile i have found a solution, i think the return queue element frees the element too quickly. If i instead check the queue status and wait till there are >0 elements, then remove an element it works fine. Cheers for the help.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,345 Views)