LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue Limitation

Hi all,

Is there a limit with queue?  I have two parallel loops.  The first loop reads from the buffer continuously for analog in data and enqueues the data.  The second loop contains a subvi that would take the queue reference and dequeues continuously.  I went in to debug mode, and I saw that the program waited at dequeue a little until there are data on the queue, which makes sense, but it didn't dequeue anything.  Each queue element is a 2d double array with 32 rows and 10000 column.  Is that a problem?  Why won't my program work?  Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,406 Views)
The first question people will ask is to look at your code. Presumably this is a continuation of this thread, but as to how the question is different from what you asked in that thread, it's not clear to me.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,389 Views)
It may be helpful to look at the Queue Basics example in the NI Example Finder (LabVIEW: Help >> Find Examples...) for an example of dequeueing elements.
Will
CLA, CLED, CTD, CPI
LabVIEW Champion
Choose Movement Consulting
choose-mc.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,336 Views)

1)

Monitor the "TIme Out" returned by the dequue operator to determine if anything was retrieved from the queue.

2)

Check the error cluster for the dequeue to make sure the queue is valid.

3)

Make sure the the queuer and queuee are using the same queue.

4)

Make sure ther code that queues oup the message is actually queueing up the data.

If you need more help please post some code.

Ben 

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 4 of 4
(2,324 Views)